Monday, May 25, 2009

Hard Work

It seems to me that I can’t talk to people and try to get sympathy for my anxiety from them. Do I really need sympathy, or a cane? Do I really need a crutch to start off with? Well, if I believe I do, then I do. But if I believe that I can do anything, then I can.

I’m going to post word-for-word about something that I read on one of the sheets (from Style) that I had printed out a while ago. Here goes:

WHAT YOU GET OUT OF SOMETHING IS EQUAL TO WHAT YOU PUT INTO IT.

What seperates the one’s who succeed and the one’s who do not is:

  1. Not take things personally.
  2. Take rejection as FEEDBACK and learn from it.
  3. Let go of the outcome and learn one piece at a time.
  4. Push yourself outside of your comfort zone.
  5. Overcome their WEAK internal voice and listen to the powerful, self-assured one.
  6. Avoid making excuses to justify procrastination, laziness, fear, pressure, or insecurity.

And this leads to another realization:

PEOPLE DON’T FAIL…THEY JUST STOP TRYING.

Why are you giving these strangers power over you?

They are walking feedback machines – they are there to give you insight about yourself and teach you how to do better the next time. They’re not even judging you NEARLY as much as you’re judging yourself over it.

“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”

No comments:

Post a Comment