Monday, May 25, 2009

Visus Moneta

One day I was driving in my car and I was thinking about money. Some people say that a million dollars is a lot of money, and for some 200,000 is a lot. Some people think of a million as chump change. I’ve always thought that a million isn’t really that much money. I don’t really know what too much money is. I can’t fathom it. So, I was thinking, how do others know what a lot is? People generally don’t know what a lot of money is. The more they have, the more they think they need. I was thinking that even though I have X in the bank, there millions of dollars right in front of my face; everywhere I turn I see money; it’s all around me.

Synesthesia is defined as “A condition in which one type of stimulation evokes the sensation of another, as when the hearing of a sound produces the visualization of a color.”

My idea is not synesthesia but it is similar in the sense that perception changes. I think some people can have the ability to see value in everything around them. As I was driving I noticed the 20 and 30 thousand dollar cars passing by me, the 400 to 800 thousand dollar houses, and the million dollar corporate offices around me. Money is all over the place, and I think it’s interesting how for a few moments I saw value in everything around me. I don’t know if they have a term for seeing things as something of value, if they don’t I term the idea Visus Moneta.

No comments:

Post a Comment